December 12, 2011

A little quiz

When I look at this image, I see a map of the state of West Virginia.  You?
west-virginia-county-map

Not Thomas. After dinner tonight he was quizzing me on where in South Carolina his cousins will be living when, mid-sentence, he changed course. 

“Mom, wouldn’t it be cool to live in West Virginia, where the whole state is a ‘talking bubble’?”

Because I was clearly confused, he explained again; this time with hand motions.

Mom, you know. The shape of West Virginia is like one of those bubbles that people talk into in books.”

Right. Now that he’s shown me West Virginia through his eyes, I see it too. Wonder what else he could show me that I’ve never thought to see?

3 comments:

SStites said...

Kids do see things differently. I remember Ann once saying, "Mom, I wish the trees would stop moving so the wind wouldn't blow!" Me, too!

Rosemary said...

Probably lots! We should all stop to listen to the wisdom that comes from always absorbing young minds. Think how it might expand our horizons.

Amber said...

I would love to know what is going on in their little heads. I have a feeling only a small portion of the cuteness going on in there actually comes out in words!