October 27, 2009

Grace in small things

A number of  big-time (read: they make money off this) bloggers have participated in a “Grace in Small Things” post theme this year.  I’ve loved following their posts and while I wasn’t really invited to participate, here’s mine for today:

1. Redbox – One movie, 24 hours, $1.  In the last 24 hours we’ve rented seven of them.  Yep, seven. It’s saving my sanity.

2. School pictures – the boys’ came home yesterday and gosh darn if they aren’t the really cute day brightener one needs when while everyone is coughing and having fevers and headaches.

3. The power of Vicks – Andrew is growing irritable about feeling flu-ish and was fairly irritating for a good portion of last night.  Then, at bedtime, he told me he loved me more than anything because I came back up to put Vicks on his chest. He’s forgiven.

4. Coffee – enough said.

5. Driveway repairs – we’re having the front portion of ours re-poured so we won’t have to accelerate to climb the car into the garage. The concrete truck came today. When Andrew and I were home. Hallelujah!

6. Boo! – being boo’d by neighbors.  The orange pumpkin full of treats and toys was a great mood lifter around here tonight.

1 comment:

Rosemary said...

Let's hope that "grace" surrounds all of our much loved "small things" and that all of this yucky illness goes away SOON!