Mark has recently taken a very atypical interest, for him, in a show called Blue Collar Comedy Hour. (I'm sure he'll love that I'm sharing that. I of course never watch it...) It features four comedians, two of whom I already knew of and two I hadn't ever heard. In honor of our new favorite show I present this week's list of "You might be a mom of boys if..."
1. You might be a mom of two boys if, before 8 a.m., you have fished a complete set of pajamas out of a toilet. Said toilet hadn't been flushed.
2. You might be a mom of two boys if, before 8:15 a.m., you have had to ask a child to please remove his shorts he so skillfully put on by himself and put on underwear FIRST.
3. You might be a mom of two boys if, before 8:30 a.m. you have had to embark on an all out search of the house to find a butterfly net. Said butterfly net will be used, and I quote, "for catching frogs and squids" on a nature walk with Grandma after school.
4. You might be a mom of two boys if, while driving to lunch, you opt to pull your car over in a parking lot to remove the large truck constructed of Legos that's rolling around in the floorboard, rather than continue to risk it rolling right under the break pedal.
5. You might be a mom of two boys if, before you've left the house for the day one of your children is already asking if he has to take a shower tonight. This would be the same small boy who plans to catch squid with his butterfly net this afternoon.
We're a virtual Blue Collar Comedy Hour in our own right.