ROSES in no particular order...
- Sunny Southern California. Kansas has many shining attributes and they even sometimes include the weather. However, this winter is only half-over and I'm so over it. I liked sunny and 65.
- Our boys traveled like A+ champs.
- The ability of Zac and Andrew to walk away from each other when they need to and then eventally compromise and come back together for another round.
- Thomas and Claire emerging dressed as a Swamp Monster and Spiderman, complete with growling so real that it terrified the unflappable baby Luke.
- A rare opportunity for just our little Henderson family to dine with just Butch. Andrew commented to me later that we don't do that often and he liked it. I concur.
- Free wi-fi at Disneyland so Mark and Eric could tolerate the wait to meet the princesses.
- Disneyland. It might truly be the happiest place on earth. They know how to do it right and somehow we did too, through a combination of sheer luck and good advice from my sister-in-law's sister-in-law. We encountered short lines, pleasant people and an amazing knack for being in the right place at the right time for 12 hours. What a magical day.
- A well-timed beer. When the chips are down and there are six kids and four adults hiding out in one house, sometimes a mid-afternoon beer just can't be beat.