August 31, 2009

Brotherly love

Thomas has pretty much mastered the art of using the toilet these days but is still reluctant to actually venture off to the bathroom by himself.  Before dinner tonight he announced that he needed to go and his mad dancing skills indicated that he didn’t need to wait, but needed to bust a move. Mark and I were both busy at that exact moment so I suggested that he ask Andrew to walk in there with him.  Surprisingly, Andrew went willingly. 

A few minutes passed and I heard maniacal laughter, the sound of the toilet flushing and then looked up to see two boys jumping down the hallway into the kitchen with their underwear around their ankles.  But boy, oh boy, were they laughing. 

It was one of those where as soon as I asked, “What’s so funny?” I knew I didn’t really want to know.  Andrew was in hysterics and couldn’t even talk.  Thomas stopped bouncing long enough for me to ask if he had gone to the bathroom and he assured me he had, and that he and Andrew were very “tunny.” 

At this point he had Mark’s attention too.  “Tunny” often equates to, “naughty.” 

“I did make a potty and then we made an X,” he said, still laughing.

“An X?,” I asked.

“Yes, Andrew and me, we made an X when we both pottied at the same time.”

Awesome. I’m off to clean a bathroom.

3 comments:

Rosemary said...

Boys will be boys. I wonder how old they have to be before they don't "make X's"?

Stephanie said...

But see, these are the things Wyatt will miss out on. That is until we visit you :)

kerikish said...

A glimpse into the future of these creative little minds of yours perhaps? I wonder if kids will still go cow-tipping in about 12 years...:) Too funny.