October 9, 2008

I've got nothing

I compose an average of 1.78 posts a day in my head for this blog. I also take an average of at least 1.349 photos per day of our kids.

I've got video from the weekend of them marching around the house waving Jayhawk flags playing imaginary trombones and trumpets. I've got action photos of Andrew kicking a goal at his last soccer game. I've got shots of Thomas enjoying the game with his buddy, Josie. I've also got video of them performing a little ditty by The Who for us earlier this week. All of those deserve a blog post to go along with them.

And yet, I've got nothing for you.

When we come home from school and it's beautiful outside we stay there too late. Tonight it was so beautiful that we had a dinner picnic at the playground with our friends. By the time the boys are in bed after an adventure like that there's laundry to be done and depressing financial news to be read and the list of half-crafted posts in my head just keeps piling higher. I also tend to get sidetracked with things like painting the wall behind my refrigerator and obsessing over the weird sounds our non-functioning ice maker is emitting and next thing you know it's 11:30 p.m. and no photos have been downloaded and no posts published.

Still nothing.

I have, however, learned a lot about the solar system this week as it's the topic de jour in Pre 2. Did you know that scientists now believe that Pluto is not a planet? I thought I was up to speed on this and I was comfortable with my knowledge of this fairly recent status change for our ninth planet. I was of the opinion that Pluto was now accepted to be a dwarf planet. I was corrected today by my little astronomer who says that the newest thinking is that Pluto is one of Neptune's stars. Hmmm.

So, I leave you with no photos of our adorable boys and no real posts but instead I've given you something new to Google so we can all fact check Andrew.

As a parting gift for your patience with my slowness in posting anything newsworthy I've also photographed Andrew's drawing of our 8-planet system with my phone - because it requires no down or uploading. You'll recognize Jupiter in the middle because it's the biggest planet and you'll recognize Saturn beneath it with the ring around it.



Now get to google-ing. You know you can't help yourself.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your posts. Whenever or whatever comes "down the pike" is just perfect, as far as I'm concerned. So, I'll joyfully read what's posted and I'll wait for whenever the pics come. It's all conversation about your family's life together and that's heartwarmingly fantastic. Love, RoRo

Maria said...

I know! Sometimes uploading and downloading seems like such a hassle. Wow...I'm lazy!

Amber said...

Oh I feel your pain...too much to do, too little time! Great picture though!